Monday, April 14, 2008

Bad Mama

I am such a horrible mom. Yesterday, I was going back and forth between barbecuing dinner and planting flowers around Hildie's grave site. As I went in and out of the house, Doodles was curious and acted like he wanted to go out, so I let him....for about 30 seconds. I brought in back in and then went out and finished with the flowers. By the time that was done, dinner was ready. I ate and watched The Notebook and then it was bedtime. I hollered for Doodles with no response. I searched everywhere he's been hiding and no Doodles! I was freaking out!!!!!!!!! Some where between going out the back door to cook and out the front door to plant, he managed to escape. I was so tired, I couldn't go out to look for him, so I went to bed feeling guilty for losing him after only a week. When I got up for work, I went outside and called his name, but still no answer. Was I being punished? Anyway, I decided to leave the back door open all night in case he decided to come home. I went all night feeling bad because he escaped with out me seeing him, but I must have made a good impression on him throughout the week. He came back! It's a beautiful morning. The flowers are in bloom and Doodles is home. Life is grand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he came home. My heart started to sink a liitle bit. You are a good mama!