Saturday, October 11, 2008

Broken Bones

Anyone who has never broken a bone, feel blessed. I should have read my last post about sitting on my ass all weekend, but no..... I had to do the dishes, do laundry, rearrange the furniture, shampoo the carpets, etc, etc. Then while putting everything back after the carpet dried, I had to go and trip on some shelving and break my foot. I have what they call a Jones fracture in the 5th metatarsal of my left foot. F*CK it hurts!!! It's one of the most difficult fractures to heal. I just got home from the ER(only took 1 1/2 hours, not bad for the ER) and filling my narcotics. Took two and hopefully they put me to sleep real soon. I've had all the excitement I can stand for the evening. Unfortunately, I will not be returning to work on Tuesday, as planned. I have been ordered to sit or lay until I see the orthopedic doc whenever I can get in. Absolutely no weight bearing activities until further notice. Breaks my heart, no my foot :)

p.s. Crutches are one of the greatest inventions ever!

2 comments:

CreativeMish said...

NICE! I hope its not too bad and you just have to wear a cast. Did you get your chores done? :)

Anonymous said...

WHAT?? You shampooed the carpets? Just kidding....are you OK? Do you need some help? I can call your beautiful Aunt DeWe. I'm sure she would love to take care of you again. Let me know. Thowee about the pain you have to endure..Love ya!